Now that we are well into fall, it is time to say goodbye to the brights and neons of summer. Or if you still want to wear those, that’s fine too, but in general, I like to stay seasonal with my nail polish. Usually in the autumn I wear a lot of nudes and dark colors; this year I stayed true to that, but added a couple metallic shades into the mix as well. I drew a lot of inspiration from the AW ’12 runway nail trends. Lots of nudes, metallics, deep blues, and vampy reds…
1. Nails Inc. ‘Porchester Square’: Best nude shade EVER.
2. Nails Inc. ‘Primrose Park’: Metallic blue/purple.
3. SpaRitual ‘Sun Salutation’: Rose gold shimmer.
4. Essie ‘Bahama Mama’: Contrary to the summer-like name, this color is a beautiful, deep raspberry color. If you have purchased ‘Recessionista’ by Essie from their fall ’12 collection, it is almost identical to ‘Bahama Mama’.
5. Illamasqua ‘Phallic’: Very dark blue shimmer.
6. OPI ‘Every Month is Oktoberfest’: I hated this color at first because I expected it to be a deep red shimmer, which it looks like in the bottle. On the nails, it is a dark red/dark plum shimmer which looks like a dark purple on the nails. Really interesting color.
7. Maybelline ‘Dressed to Kill’: Perfect dark red for fall. Can’t beat the $2.99 price tag either.
What are your favorite fall nail polishes? Any recommendations?